cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice for future scope of SAP BODS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you pls suggest which module is best in the market among sap BO ,sap bods.I will be thankful to you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have around 6+ years of experience in ETL tools and currently working in BODS since over 2 years. I must say from my experience that SAP BODS is much simpler to use than any other ETL tools (read Informatica, Datastage) and very very convenient when used with SAP based source/target systems like SAP BW or SAP ECC. Although, as few may claim it doesn't look as robust as Informatica, it doesn't really make much difference when we are handling data volume within limit of 2-10 million. Also, SAP BODS has picked up really good in recent years with more and more features getting added to the tool and its natural integrity with widely popular systems SAP BW/ECC or HANA. Many new clients have started using it in recent years and this tool definitely has promising years ahead!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks sagar,i would like to know the future for both (BO ,BODS) in the market ..

former_member188264
Participant
0 Kudos

BODS is an ETL tool where as BO is reporting tool. Its depend, whether you want to work on backend (BODS) or front end (BO).

In either case you can play with data like analyzing, designing etc..