cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigator voor file on application server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are looking for a function module which can let me navigate the files on the application server. (the ones i see when i uses transaction AL11)

The function 'NAVIGATION_FILENAME_HELP' can only be applied for files on the presentation server.

Any help is welcome

regards

Bertil Rebergen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You probably want to look at the EPS function modules in Function Group EPSF. Specifically you probably want EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING and maybe EPS_GET_FILE_ATTRIBUTES. Now these aren't released function modules so use them at your own risk. I actually found that the structure for return of the filenames was rather limited in the EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING function module (limited to filenames of 40 characters). However the actual reading of the information is done in a Kernel call. I ended up copying the SAP function module and increasing the length on both the directory name and filename parameters that receive the data from the Kernel call.

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I'm going to use the FM EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING, and I found your post very useful.

You wrote:

<i>"Now these aren't released function modules so use them at your own risk."</i>

Where can you see that these FMs are not released?

I checked them in our SAP R/3 46C system and my MiniWAS 6.20 system, but in both system they are released.

Can you tell me some details?

Thanks in advance,

Incho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like you have it sorted already but here is a simple program which allows you to browse the directory structure like AL11 so might be of some help.

goto http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk and search for AL11 or go direct to http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/file/file_disall.htm

hope this helps

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Mart!

The simple program didn't really help me, since I prefer the mentioned FM, but the site looks very interesting.

Incho

ChristianFi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> Hi Thomas,

>

> I'm going to use the FM EPS_GET_DIRECTORY_LISTING,

> and I found your post very useful.

>

> You wrote:

> <i>"Now these aren't released function modules so use

> them at your own risk."</i>

> Where can you see that these FMs are not released?

> I checked them in our SAP R/3 46C system and my

> MiniWAS 6.20 system, but in both system they are

> released.

>

> Can you tell me some details?

>

> Thanks in advance,

> Incho

In our System the FM is not released.

SE37->Attributes

Person responsible SAP

Last changed by SAP

Changed on 23.06.2003

Development class SEPS

Program name SAPLEPSF

INCLUDE name LEPSFU11

Original language DE

Not released

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been looking at the tools to copy a file from one place to another in the Data Transfer Workbench (SXDA). In Enterprise the transaction is now SXDA_TOOLS. The search is made possible with the function F4_DXFILENAME_4_DYNP. This can be used for both logical and physical file names.

MattG.

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks MattG!

Unfortunately I'm still on 46C, however the mentioned FM is already available.

This FM is useful for F4 help, but not really for background processing. ;-(

Incho

Ps: I've never heard about this new transaction SXDA_TOOLS, but I took a look in my Minisap system and it looks quite useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Incho,

I think this SXDA_TOOLS is available only from 4.7...

Regards,

Pedro

Peter_Inotai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Pedro!

My minisap system release is 6.20, so this tool is available there;-)

Peter