cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigational attribute description not reflecting in query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have an characteristic info object ,say PRODUCT" having a nav.attribute as "VARIANT".

When I double click product and go to Attribute tab,I can see the attribute "VARIANT" and the long description of VARIANT is "Company Variant".

Navigational Attribute Description is " Variant" ,Navigation Attr. Short text is "Variant".

I'm expecting the description as "Variant "in the query and I get the same in Dev and when transported to quality system I can see as "Variant.But when transported to Production system,I'm seeing the description as "Company variant"

I want to know why the description is not maintained in all systems and why the desc.change is reflecting in dev and quality but not in Prod.

Can anybody help on this please...

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to Infoobject

go to attribute tab there

in the attribute text of char. option is available.You need to check that box and see whether it appears correctly.

see text is maintained in the Infoobject --- attribute level ..

also check object and navigational attribute in RSRV.

see object correctly selected in query,cube ,multiprovider etc.

sometimes object with same name is also available in Infoprovider.

In case attribute is also master data ,see text is correctly maintained or not?

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Can you please try the below,

Right click on PRODUCT and click Maintain Master data.

Here check the description of VARIANT if it is Company variant.

Please compare it with Q and D.

(You can change the description by maintaining master data. Someone might have maintained it as Company variant earlier in P)

Thanks,

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Sivadas on Dec 26, 2011 5:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for the response.The description shows as "variant" both in quality and Prod.My problem is in query the changed description (i.e variant) is not showing.Still it shows the old description (i.e Company variant) in production .But in quality system it refects fine.

regards,

Pradeep

ravikanth_indurthi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to check:

-> The master data sync across DEV, QA and Prod (as the above post suggested)

-> Check the query Text if it is long or short

-> Check if the chages are transported to Prod system or existing onlt till QA.

->Also check for change run attribute for master data SID generation

->If done, diconnect the query and connect again anf check, also check the query in RSRT

Hope this helps.......

Rgs,

Ravikanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Check the left hand side panel in query designer and see what is the description you are getting. Then check the description maintained in the infoobject attributes.

Basically it should match, if the description is proper at infoobject level then try to regenerate the query through RSRT and then see.

Regards,

Durgesh.