cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigatiomnal attribute is not possible to delete from master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

WHen I tried to delete the navagational attribute I am getting an erro like this.

Characteristic Z5xyz: Master data has to be activated before conversion

Message no. R7067

Diagnosis

The master data for characteristic Z5xyz has to be converted, because an attribute has been deleted, or the time-dependency of an attribute has been changed. This process is possible, only if the master data for characteristic Z5xyz is active. The master data table /BIC/PZ5xyz contains only new or modified records, that have not yet been activated.

System Response

Characteristics Z5xyz cannot be activated.

Procedure

Activate the master data for characteristic Z5xyz , before you activate the characteristic itself.

Can any one help me to resovlet his.

points will be definitely assigned.

Thanks,.

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

You are tying to delete a table filed when the table contains data. For this you need to adjust the database table.

But instead of doing all this you may follow a simpler method.

Before deleting that Characteristics you need to delete the Masterdata first. Then delete the Characteristics from the attribute list and activate the Masterdata Object. Now reload the masterdata.

Regards,

Pratap Sone

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I did run attribute /Hierachy change run I could delete the navigational attribute.

Can any one explain the underlying concept behind it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

This could be because the data in lying with Version M in P table of your masterdata. May be it will not allow you to play with it unless you activate the entire data and make it stable before you further change it.

Regards

Pratap Sone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but if I execute the attribute hierachy change run I am not getting error and I can change the master data Info object?why is this?

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First activate the master data (Right click on the object ---> Activate master data) and then try to remove the attribute.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Have you tried to activate the Master data for the characteriests and then try removing its navigational attribute.

Thanks,

Karan