cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating from one BSP appl to Another BSP apll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In BSP application i am calling another BSP application using NAVIGATION->GOTO_PAGE( URL = URL1 SESSION = 'NEW').

I want open another BSP application in New Window.With above code window is opening in the same window.Is there any other way of opening in new window.

Regards

Usman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

my answer was only an example. Even the tableview has event handlers. Try it with the attribute onClientRowSelection instead of OnClientClick.

Regards,

Rainer

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

you need some Javascript to open a new browser window. Now it depends in which context you want to use the navigation. If, for example, the user should press a button, you can use:

<htmlb:button id = "mybutton"

onClick = "window.open('newpage.htm')" />

Most of the extensions have event handlers like onClick.

Other extensions like htmlb:link already have an attribute "target". Then you can fill this with "_blank" to open a new window.

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rainer,

In my current context i am not using Button event bcz in my requirement when i click a cell in table view row, that time i am calling other BSP application.So Button event won't work.So in this case i can't use Htmkb link also.So only apprach available is <b>Navigation</b> class.

So how can i open new window with the help of

NAVIGATION->GOTO_PAGE( URL = URL1 SESSION = 'NEW').

Its opening in same window.But i want in other new window.

Regards

Usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

I understand your

<i>NAVIGATION->GOTO_PAGE( URL = URL1 SESSION = 'NEW')</i> is in OnInputProcessing.

Try using these steps

1. Create a page Attribute l_popup.

2. Assign l_popup = 'X' in OnInputProcessing. comment your goto page code.

3. In the layout modify the code as follows.

<% if l_popup = 'X'. %>

<script>

window.open('newpage.htm','popup', '...other attribs...');

</script>

<%endif.%>

As far as possible avoid popups. if a Popup Blocker is ON, your user may not see your popup.

Regards,

Alwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwyn,

Thanks for you replys,Here is small doubt if u don't mind.

I think Popups are not the betterway of doing in this case.Bcz the page i am opening in new window is report type table view.I think its not good to use POPups.

Is there anyother way of doing in <b>htmlb control side</b>(Opening in new page using HTMLB classes.

Regards

Usman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usman,

You can use IFRAMES. Your details tableview can appear in this iframe. The iframe can be made visible/invisible and will appear like a popup for the user.

======just before </form> in MAIN VIEW

<IFRAME name="sh" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="position:absolute;border:1px,solid;visibility:hidden;">

</IFRAME>

function hide()

{

if (document.all.sh.style.visibility == 'visible')

document.all.sh.style.visibility = 'hidden';

}

Instead of window.open you can use the hide function to make the iframe visible and the source of the popup can be passed as follows

var wurl = 'main.do?rowclicked=<%=rowno%>';

document.all.sh.src = wurl;

You can write the final code using these tips.

You can use style property of the IFRAME to set top, bottom, width & height.

Regards,

Alwyn