cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Native Android oData tutorial using SMP 3.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a end to end tutorial on how to creating a native oData Android application using SMP 3.0?

I saw the videos on developing native oData Android apps but that was using SUP2.2.

I also watched the video on configuring native apps here: This stops at the management console though and doesn't go into the actual Android development.

I then came across: Native Android — SAP Mobile Academy Where do I find the source code for this application?

Thank you

Jared

View Entire Topic
midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun.

Im already using the tutorial you sent. I wanted to know if there was a video tutorial on the subject.

Do you know about the tutorial on the SAP Academy link above? Do you know where I can find the source code for that project?

Regards

Jared

marcin_cholewczuk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check this one https://open.sap.com/course/mobile1. You'll find information, vids and source codes.

Best Regards

Marcin Cholewczuk

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just wrote a blog on how to develop android apps using Odata SDK, source code is attached with the blog,

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thank you very much for the tutorial it helps allot.

I like to confirm something with you please. The line of code:

clientConnection.setConnectionProfile(true, "<ip>", "<port>", null, null);

The IP and port, are these parameters for the SMP server?

Kind Regards

Jared

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. If you are testing the app with SMP 3 trial make sure that the IP you are using is correct, because the IP is dynamic, you need to close and reopen the browser to find the new IP.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im not using the trial version I got my own instance of SMP3 running. I just wasnt 100% sure the IP you had in your source code was the SMP servers IP.

Im guessing if I had to setup a relay server then I would use the relay ip and port correct?