cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

n_r_data_set->n_sx_version_20a_1 table interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me how the n_r_data_set->n_sx_version_20a_1 structure is used in a table interface? I have been able to take a look at it contents in the debugger and see that it holds all data pertaining to the cells in a table. What I want to do is delete records from this structure but I don't know if I am allowed to do so since it is a "deep structure" and not a standard table.

Please Help!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you read the documentation

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/20ac3a22f0785ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

you see that you have to specifiy for example

N_R_DATA_SET->N_SX_VERSION_20A_1-cell_data,

as N_SX_VERSION_20A_1 is a structure and cell_data is an internal table.

Please read carefully the documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Paolo,

I had a chance to read the documentation but this does not tell me how my changes to the internal table are passed to the OLAP Processor. If I delete some rows in my internal table, how do I pass those changes to the OLAP since it will not read the internal table? What I have done is deleted some records from the cell_data internal table using the debugger but those changes were NOT reflected in my HTML rendered table. What I am trying to do is to delete a row in my table whenever an attribute in that row is equal to a certain value. Can you give some insight on how this can be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i've well understood you can access the cell_data before (for example in the start_routine).

Please see online documentation for details, how the data is stored:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/20ac3a22f0785ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nyrvole,

the talbe is a copy of the actual table used for rendering. Changes in this table will not change the rendering. The purpose of this table is just, to give you an overview of all elements, which will be rendered (for example if you need to lookup data).

So do not delete contents in the table. If you need to hide rows with the table interface, set the styles display:none; visibility:hidden for the respective content.

Heike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Heike!!

This makes make some sense to me. One more thing please,

I understand that with the table interface function modules (ex: caption_cell, data_cell etc.) I can only capture the data in each cell. What I am asking is that is there a way that I can delete a whole row as opposed to deleting the individual cells in that row? Any sample code would be appreciated.

Nyrvole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nyrvole,

Was there a resolution to your issue? I am facing the same problem here now, and I am really keen to know if it is possible to delete the rows in a sensible manner. I have tried a lot of things now, both using the table interface and JavaScript linked in the template.

If you resolved your problem, I would be very happy to know what you did to do this.

Thanks!