Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My data disappears

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: ryan@doj

CA Forum: General

I am attempting to edit a previously existing report and I am incountering a strange situation. When I add a table using the database expert to the report all the dynamic data that is displayed when I run the report vanishes. All I did was add a table, I do not even use data from the table I added. When I view the report after adding the new table all data that is normally displayed from subreports, formulas, or database fields disappear. Am I missing some setting or something?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: ryan@doj

When I remove the table the data does not reappear. I link the table using an inner join. An inner join is ok because the relationship between the data from one table to the other is one to one. It also does not matter which table I add. Even if I add a non linked table the data disappears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: noodles

not completely sure I understand your issue, but I would try removing the table and see if it reappears. If it does reappear, try adding your new table back again and double check your linking your new table to the existing tables. Maybe the way you linked it messed it up.