cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Connections - no items found

0 Kudos

I have used CR for many years. Until recently my frequently used connections have always been available to select from the Database Expert > My Connections > "my data source name". Now I get Database Expert > My Connections > '... no items found". I have created new connections many times and they will not save to My Connections. I have repaired/reinstalled the application and even paid upgrade to the latest version. Can anyone help me get my connections to start saving again?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos

Yes, I was able to create key a that location. I created one called "Crystal Data Source History".

Thanks,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Looks like there is a conflict between CR 2016 SP7 installation with 64 bit runtime SP13. Runtime needs to be updated to SP21 or above. I,ve been told there was Microsoft VC 2015 dependency update

0 Kudos

I have updated to 13.0.27.3480. I still do not have the registry folder you referenced and it is not saving my data source connections. I appreciate your persistance with my issue.

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Sent you a personal message

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Recent connections saved in the Registry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Crystal Data Source History

Make sure your user has access to edit the registry

and

the common value of the registry key is the location of the datasource .xml file, like:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\History\DataSource1.xml

Check if anything in that location.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the response.

My registry does not have HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Crystal Data Source History. It stops after ...\Crystal Reports. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thank you

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Are you running the Crystal Reports on Citrix Server?

What is the version number of your Crystal Reports?

If it is not on Citrix and you are running Crystal Reports 2016, then your User does not have rights to modify registry.

0 Kudos

I have Crystal Reports installed on my local PC. We do not use a CR server. I am on version 14.2.8.3426. I am not on Citrix. The odd part is I am a Domain Admin.

Thanks for the help.

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Try to create a new Registry key at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\

Can you?

0 Kudos

Yes, I was able to create key a that location. I created one called "Crystal Data Source History".

Thanks,

Matt

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you have any errors in the following log file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs\2020....{last timestamp}\errorsAndWarnings.log

0 Kudos

Yes, I have the following in the log:

Errors/Warnings found during the installation are as follows 08:23:33.669 Error: Action declarations don't match between 32-bit and 64-bit variants: setup.core-4.0-core For Common Install errors, refer Guided Answers :- How to find TOP Knowledge Base Articles(KBAs) in SAP BI Platform (https://ga.support.sap.com/dtp/viewer/#/tree/1851/actions/23941) Or Contact system administrator

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you have any other SAP BI products installed on your machine like Dashboards, BI Client tools, Crystal Server?

0 Kudos

Yes, I have a BI software from one of our vendors that installed "SAP Crystal reports runtime engine for .NET Framework (64-bit)"

vitaly_izmaylov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Do you know the version number of the runtime?

0 Kudos

Yes, it is 13.0.17.2096.

Thank you

Matt