cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MVC: Data binding w/ getter methods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Yes, me again w/ a MVC question. My problem is to use getter methods instead of public attributes.

I have a model class that implements IF_BSP_MODEL_BINDING and have a public method called GETNAME_FULL() that returns a String.

Also, I have a method named GET_NAME_FULL() also. No way, it throws an exception, with public attribs it is working fine. The exception is basically in RESOLVE_MODEL_BINDING(). However, there error is elsewhere - meaning I havo no clue if just using that interface and an accordingly named getter method is enough.

Being a plain return value, I do not think I have to prepend things like S in the method's name.

FYI: We have a WAS 6.20, thus I do not understand the meta info methods as described below in

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a6/38443ca607d75ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm">SAP MVC Help</a>.

What do I have to do there?

Thanks for any hints.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rehi,

To be correct, it get an error stating that a dynamical method call faild due to a missing parameter...

Btw.: is it true that a model class always has to be created in the context of a controller using create_model? If I have other "sub-objects" that get created using "create object" calls, data binding is also not working

That would be bad, cos my model would completely depend on a web application...

Thanks and regards,

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay,

I managed to have it now: now I knwo where to find the template getters that I have to use.

So, the trick is to have an in param called "attribute_path" and a returning param that must be called "value".

Not the way getters should be...

Very frustrating is to have metadata providers per getter because we have a 6.20 release.

I have no clue if I have to specify the metadata. Currently, it seemds to work to return initial structures.

Hell, any chance to avoid writing a metadata provider per getter method?

Greetings,

Timo