cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

Can any help me to learn the concept behind multi provider with simple example.

Thoughi have seen the SAP help i couldnt understand it clearly.

and if you can give me how to created a multiprovider and pitfall and points to remember when creating a multi provider that would be of great help.

Regards

sundaresan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunadresan,

Multiproviders are InfoProviders, ie they can supply data to a query, but they are not data targets meaning that they do not store any data. Using a multiprovider you can create a union of the data of different data targets like eg. ODS and InfoCubes. The creation process of a multiprovider is similar to that of a cube, ie it has dimensions and a fact table for the key figures. Along with this you have additional processes of Selection and Identification for choosing which char or KF comes from which base data target.

Multiproviders are an extremely useful object and provide good reporting capability with no extra load to the system, as you do not need to load any data into them.

Hope this helps...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sundar,

There is a pretty good document explaining Multiprovider with example. Check out this link

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700008387152002E

regards,

Sree