cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any standard SAP defined limit for using number of InfoProvider in a single MultiProvider.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also keep in mind that unless you have parallel processing turned off for the query or multiprovider, and/or filter on the InfoProvider within the query, it will launch query against each InfoProvider within the MultiProvider concurrently.

With 10 Infoproviders in a MultiProvider, 10 queries could be launched simultaneously. If 4 people all run the query around the same time, you could now have 40 queries running concurrently. It is easy to overload the server. I think I have seen some notes for 3.1 SP 21 that provide some options to limit the maximum nbr of processes that a MP could launch, to avoid overloading the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Pizzaman for the valuable information.

Assigned points for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You could create a multiprovider to join your cubes into one single view. You have to remember that tehre must be commonality between those cubes so that the BW has enough context to provide information at the characteristic levels that you select. When you create the multicube, you need to define what characteristics from the Eg:-Sales cube will be related, and at what level to your Shipments cube. That is actually a very straighforward process. However, your design is key to complete reporting. You create the multicube within the InfoProvider area of BW.

TQ

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically there are no restrictions with regard to the number of InfoProviders that can be included in a MultiProvider. However, SAP recommends that you include no more than 10 InfoProviders in a single MultiProvider, because any more than this number and splitting the MultiProvider queries and reconstructing the results from the individual InfoProviders takes a substantial amount of time and is generally counterproductive. Modeling these types of MultiProviders is also highly complex.

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Roberto.

I was looking for this only becuase I tried with 12 Infoprovider , so start thinking about SAP recommanded number or any restiction.

Assigned points for your quick response and clarifications.