Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiProvider Help

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to create a multi Provider on two cubes.When i go to 'Identification'....i see many InfoObjects like 0material,0comp_code,0customer..etc are available in both infocubes.should i select all these chars for both infocubes?....or for example 0material for one infoprovider is enough?

what about dimensions?..pl guide me.which cube's dimensions should i select?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes for characteristics you should choose chars with the similiar meaning from each cube.

What about dimensions? What exactly do you want to know?

Best regards,

Eugene

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi engune.

Thnaks for u r reply.

when i go to 'dimensions'....it displays a message

"No Dimensions Have Been Defined

Do you want to automatically

create dimensions from a template

Create Dimensions from a Template"....if i click on yes...then two infocubes will be displayed...if i have chars from both infocubes..then which cubes dimensions should i selsct.

if i had selected chars only from one of those infoproviders,then i will go with required cube's dimensions...then i hope its not a problem....

regards

0 Kudos

hi c c,

depend on the infoobjects used in multiprovider, if all are covered in one of the infoproviders then you may use it as template, if not so you may create dimension manual, it won't problem, later when activation you still can do adjustment e.g delete unused dimension.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in my scenario,i am creating a multiProvider on ic1 and ic2.here i need all the chars from ic1 and kfs of both ic1 and ic2. is it possible to achieve?

regards

0 Kudos

hi c c,

sure it's possible, in case of dimension selection since you use all chars in ic1 then you can use ic1 as template for dimension.

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

even after choosing only chars from ic1 and kefigures from ic1 and ic2,in identification i should select all the chars from both ic1 and ic2.its not possible to select only chars from ic1.

regads

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi A.H.P& Eugene,

thanks for u r help.

0 Kudos

hi c c,

you are welcome

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

hi cc,

'... In a MultiProvider, every InfoObject in each of the MultiProviders involved has to correspond to exactly one InfoObject (where these are available). In ambiguous cases, you have to specify the InfoObject to which you want to assign the InfoObject of the MultiProvider. ..'

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/cf/bc734190ba137de10000000a155106/frameset.htm

for dimension you may follow the infoproviders used,

which cube's ? may take the infoobjects used as reference, e.g you choose infoobject1, where infoobject1 exist in infoprovider1 dimensionA, then you may use name dimensionA in infoprovider and assign with infoobject1.

hope this helps.