cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Start/End values in a line chart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: mmueller12

CA Forum: Charts and Graphs

Hello - we are trying to create a chart that will show what medications a person is on and the time period they were on each. Basically - the graph must look like the mock-up below. The + signs are datapoints. The person could be on a medication for 2 months, then have a 5 month gap, then go back on the same medication again. Is there a way to do this in Crystal? The only chart we could find that was close was a Gantt chart, but that chart puts each item on one line.

The data can be manipulated before crystal accesses it also - if that would make the chart more feasible.

Thank you! Melissa

|M1 | ---+ +-+ | | |M2 | --+ -- --+ | | |M3 | +---+ +-+ ----+ |____________________________________

Dispense Dates

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: Dan3D

If all else fails, this could be solved with the 3rd-party chart add-in I wrote (which has much better gantt chart support). Moderator rules don't let mention it by name, but if you click on my profile, you'll find it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: mtassin

I'm also having a similar problem. In my case it has to do with tracking user logins/logouts from particular machines. Each individual login is showing as a seperate bar on the gantt charge. So if in a week a user logs into 3 machines at the same time for an 8 hour day and then logs out I wind up with 40 bars when in truth I should see three bars with gaps between them.

Is there a way to make this work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Post Author: mtassin

I'm also having a similar problem. In my case it has to do with tracking user logins/logouts from particular machines. Each individual login is showing as a seperate bar on the gantt charge. So if in a week a user logs into 3 machines at the same time for an 8 hour day and then logs out I wind up with 40 bars when in truth I should see three bars with gaps between them.

Is there a way to make this work?