cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple session issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created SAP transaction ivews in my portal with SAP Logon tickets to connect r/3. End users are having tendency to open multiple browser window using Ctrl+N. This way they dont have to login many times and can have many portal window open.

The problem here is for each new window opned with Ctrl+n it opens a new session in R3. this way there are so many sessions are opened in R3. Is there any way we can prevent multiple sessions in R3?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

to prevent multigui logon "disable/multi_gui_logon=1"

as for my knowledge edit that default parametere put ther 2 instead of 9

9 will come by default....

try once searching that parameter in the rz11......

I will check it and let you know the parameter.....

Regards,

Ravi

milton_zhu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mr. Gu,

I am very interested in the User Exit you were talking about. Can you give me some clue, for example the name of the User Exit or function module of enhancement framework?

Thanks,

Milton

Former Member
0 Kudos

The enhancement is SUSR0001

Former Member
0 Kudos

I create a customized project for this enhancement

Inside it, I do the validate check for user login sessions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

There is a parameter called login/disable_multi_gui_login

which can be set to value of 1. This will disable multiple gui logins completely. However, if you just want to limit multiple gui logins, set the parameter rdisp/max_alt_modes. You can adjust these parameters in the DEFAULT.PFL file or via transaction RZ10. However, the R/3 system will have to be bounced for these changes to take affect.

If this helps, please consider rewarding points.

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick.

I also meet with the same problem , situation.

We have tried with parameter

login/disable_multi_gui_login

but it does not work if login come from EP SSO.

When user open backend R/3 from EP SSO, it will not be considered as a new connection, so the parameter validation does not work.

I check the documents. EP has some session management methism to control the too much sessions to backend system.

And in our project, our solution is that we develop a userexit in R/3. When user login in R/3 from EP for more than 1( the number can be changed as u want ) times, the R/3 will tell user that he can only connect to R/3 for one connection, he can go on ( terminiate the old one ) or quit current.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jihanong Gu

Would it be possible to send me the outline of the verification procedure you have on your user exit ?

I do not know how I would handle the verification of sapgui coming from the Portal.

Thanks in advance.

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

Could you please send me logic to prevent multiple logon ?We tried something but it didnt work in user exit.

Cheers!!

A

holger_stumm2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set a maximum session limit in the backend per logon as a system parameter. I couldn't find it right away, but I remember, that you can set it. The default is 9 "mode" per GUI logon. Your Sys Admin maybe remember better than me.