cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Queries in same worksheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can any one tell me that Can I have multiple queries on the same worksheet (same tab of the workbook). I tried configuring different data providers for the 2 queries in the design mode. But when i return to the Analysis mode, both the grids pick up the same data provider and as a result i get the same query on both the grids

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can include multiple queries in the same tab of the workbook. But make sure that the cells populated by one query should not be gettinf filled by the other query.

Say you have the query 1 at say cell A1, and query 2 at cell F1, then you need to make sure so that when query 1 is executed even after all the drill downs does not goto any cells in F column and after that. Basically keeping their area separate.

Alternative will be to put both queries in different tabs, and copy the relevant portions to the third tab for analysis purpose. If you need you can automate this by a macro.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys

Basically i have seperated the areas of the two queries in the Tab but as i said earlier that whenever I am trying to provide different data-providers for the two Analysis grids containing those queries in the Design mode, both of them take the same query as data provider when i switch back to Analysis mode.

Also, i want to avoid using macros

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,if you have same selection variables.

Or you can use vb code to get some kind of button to switch to other query.

Hope this help.