cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple person working on same planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone please suggest how multiple people can work on same planning area at the same time. We are working on implementation project and our team has to work on different planning levels in the same planning area. But locking prevents us to achieve the same.

Any ideas?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Regarding the change of the Area itself, it looks logic that two person cannot change its design at the same time.

If I remember well if somebody is changing the Area, then everything is locked. But it is not the case if two person are working on separate Levels.

A very important thing (correct me if I'm wrong) is that if you have been in change mode of an Area, Level, Package, etc... in your current BPS0 session, you will still lock it untill you get out of BPS0.

Then, if in your team everybody knows on wich level they have to work and then don't go in change mode of other elements it should work (but not for the area because it contains all the subelements...).

By the way, check also <a href="http://service.sap.com/~form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=635244">Note 635244 - Locking transaction data in SEM-BPS</a>:

<i>Two parameters are only designed to facilitate the Customizing process, if users

carry out Customizing in transaction BPS0 within a project.

o SEM_BPS_NO_LOCK: This parameter has the effect that transaction

data is not locked at all. Never use this parameter in a production

system. As of Support Package 14 for Release 3.1B, parameter

SEM_BPS_NO_LOCK is released by an additional switch in table

upc_dark2: For this purpose you have to maintain a record with

param = ENABLE_NO_LOCK and value = X in table upc_dark2. Only then

the system includes parameter SEM_BPS_NO_LOCK. The parameter can

then be useful if you want to test functions or the manual planning

with 'test data' in Customizing.

o SEM_BPS_SAVE_UNLOCK: This parameter only works in transaction BPS0;

it has the effect that the system unlocks data (if possible) after

it has been saved. Therefore, the system only simulates an exit and

reentry in transaction BPS0 with the last active detail

application. Therefore, the above parameter can be helpful if many

people work on Customizing in transaction BPS0, because objects can

be unlocked earlier.</i>

You can add these parmeters to a user id in the "Parameter"tab in T-Code SU01.

Best Regards,

Jeoffrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeoffrey,

Thanks for the helpful information. Almost 50% of our problem is resolved and for the remaining 50% I'll try to check out the Parameter option.

Thanks again.

Deepti

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not changing the area, multiple people can work on individual levels.

Alternatively, one technique we used to employ was to create multiple planning areas and each person working in one of these and then copying the development back to the main one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But creating multiple planning areas will require us to create multiple cubes as well. Isn't it?

Regards,

Deepti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need not create multiple cubes in case your aggregation levels are on a multi-planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepti

SAP don't allow to use same planning area for multiple user...one user can change other can just display only....

One way is to create 2-3 planning area and than create a multiplanning area to combine them...but its totally depend on the planning sttructure which you have to develop...in my assignment scenario we did it like this way.....

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no way to get this around if you need to get all your BPS development under thaat planning area.

Ravi Thothadri