cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple infoobjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks

I am working on loading data on to ODS/Infocubes in SRM.

These standard data targets have multiple 'product' info objetcs..like 0BBP_PROD and 0PROD_ID...I ahve only SRM as the source system and no r/3 source for these cubes/ods. The master data of Product (material and service), Product Category (material group) and Business Partner (Vendor in r/3) is available in SRM. So should i remove 0PROD_ID from the standard ODS/CUbe.? and is it ok to remove it? I can load product master data into 0BBP_PROD infoobject.

Please correct me if i am wrong. Also where does the Business Partner (vendor in this case)go? i.e in which info object?

Also suppose i have another bpartner, say bidder...how can this be integrated in the business partner info object?

All replies appreciated in advance

Regards

Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

This is a modeling decision you woll have to take. But please keep this things in your mind before taking any decision

1. If you include these things in Infocube design. Performance will be better but more stoarage space will be required.

2. If you use it as attribute than drill down willnot be allowed.

3. If you use navigational attribute then it will be performace issue.

4. If you use masterdat/attributes then you also need to ensure that Master data is updated regularly.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Dont remove any of the fields from the ODS/Cube in case you dont have them in the datasource. Just do not assign the field in the update rule. It would automatically be assigned "" or 0.

Hope this helps.

Bye

Dinesh