cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple file upload in webdynpro with flex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is to develop multiple file upload in web dynpro with flash islands. And I need to store the contents of the file in the backend in some transparent table. As I have to develop this in flex I cannot use the file upload UI element present in web dynpro. So suggest me ways to read the the file name, size and contents either in web dynpro or in flex so that it can be saved in the backend.

I have already gone through the video by Thomas Jung for multiple file upload but it saves the contents in server and not in transparent table. So please suggest me alternative solutions.

Regards

Prashant Chauhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> I have already gone through the video by Thomas Jung for multiple file upload but it saves the contents in server and not in >transparent table. So please suggest me alternative solutions.

>

>

> Regards

> Prashant Chauhan

What do you mean that my video saves the contents int he server and not in transparent table? I save the data into a temporary database table so it can be accessed by the parent WDA session. From there the WDA session can do whatever it wants with it. What do you mean by transparent table - that would be a database table. Do you actually mean internal table? if so, just read the data from the temporary database table into memory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I achieved the functionality by a standard FM.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Please mention FM name.

Regards

Srinivas

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I achieved the functionality by a standard FM.

Really? What standard function module would do that from WDA? You can't use any of the GUI_* function modules or the CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES. These use the SAPGUI to perform the upload. Your only options with multiple file uploads in WDA are ACFUpDownload and Islands - both of which require a special upload handler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

I saw the video about to upload multiple file using Acfupload.In that video i saw in the begining u click the addfile button and select the multiple file.I need the OnAction code for the Addfile button.Please send the code for that..