Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple data targets for single text datasource

kurt_harding2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Guru's,

I have created seven InfoObjects to hold Veteran status codes. (This was done based on reporting requirements). I now need to load the text to these objects, can this be done with a single datasource? Or do I need to create seven datasources for the text?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt,

If the same data source can furnish you the text for the seven objects, technically you could have a transformation/ ( Update rule and transfer rule) over this data source to populate date to the text tables of the seven data targets. I don't think there would be any problem in updating text tables of seven infoobject.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Sunmit.

kurt_harding2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Information.

After reviewing this again with my functional team, they are in agreement that the column header (InfoObject Short Text) will suffice for their text needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends on the source.

if the source contains the text for all these objects in the same table...and if there is any indicator which differentiates between data for these seven objects...then you create a data source on that table and populate all these objects from the same source...

but if you cannot find a relation netween these seven objects and if source has seven separate tables each different from each other...then you may have to create seven data sources...and use them for each one of the infoobject

Thanks

Ajeet