cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple data sources in Xcelsius 4.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have a Flash variable data source and an XML data source simultaneously in Xcelsius 4.5? Need to use external XML file as a data source and a Flash variable as a data source simultaneously...Thanks In advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you should be able to use both - for example using a Flash Variable to pass in the URL of the XML that you want to load.

FlashVars are only supposed to be passed in on startup and they are defined as part of the OBJECT/EMBED tag for the HTML.

Actually it was possible to update FlashVars at runtime in Xcelsius 4.5 with certain JavaScript calls but not in Xcelsius 2008 (because Adobe Flex which Xcelsius 2008 is based on does not allow the same mechanism).

FYI, for those that are interested in Xcelsius 2008 you pass values into/out of Xcelsius at runtime using External Interface and JavaScript instead.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your suggestion. However, Xcelsius 4.5 *does not* have the Data > Connections > Add which is present in Xcelsius 2008. So how can I use multiple data sources?

Thanks

Subhodeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhodeep,

You are right, in 2008 we moved data source connectivity into the Data Manager which makes managing data sources easier as they are in one place.

In 4.5 you need to look for XML Data Button component (the equiv of the XML Data in 2008) which looks like a button and drag it onto the canvas.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks, I guess I get the point.

Fyi, XML data component is only present in 'Crystal Xcelsius 4.5 Designer' and not in 'Crystal Xcelsius 4.5 Professional' or 'Crystal Xcelsius 4.5 Standard'.

Regards,

Subhodeep

Answers (0)