cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicube

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have built a multicube which consists of 3 InfoProviders, 1 cube and 2 ODS. For one of the key figures (Stock Value), I am using the same InfoObject in 2 of the InfoProvider. Is this going to cause a problem since when I want to calculate Total Stock value it is a sum of the value of the amounts from the three infoprovider, whereas when I sum in a calculated key figure i am only summing 2 key figures? Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niten,

You have to define the source also for KF in MultiProvider. For Example: if KF 0AMOUNT is in 2 ODS you must specify in MultiProvider if you want 0AMOUNT coming from one or both the ODS.

In query you can also decide to have 0AMOUNT of only one ODS building a Restricted Key Figure based on the specific KF and InfoProvider (this dimension is always by default in MultiProvider).

Ciao.

Riccardo.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That should not be a problem since you can see both the key figures in BeX .. since it is info provide specific..

And also there is not identification required for KF , only for characteristics.

Arun

Hope it helps..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for that, I can only see one representation of the key figure in BEx is that correct?

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Niten,

quoting directly from the help. sap.com page :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/52/1ddc37a3f57a07e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

In a MultiProvider, every characteristic in each of the InfoProviders involved must correspond to exactly one characteristic or navigation attribute (wherever these are available). If it is not clear, at the MultiProvider definition stage, you have to specify to which InfoObject you want to assign the characteristic of the MultiProvider.

Example

The MultiProvider contains the characteristic 0COUNTRY and an InfoProvider contains the characteristic 0COUNTRY as well as the navigation attribute 0CUSTOMER__0COUNTRY. In this case, select exactly one of these InfoObjects in the assignment table.

Select a key figure contained in a MultiProvider from at least one of the InfoProviders involved. In general, exactly one of the InfoProviders provides the key figure. However, there are cases where it is better to select from more than one InfoProvider:

Example

If the 0SALES key figure is stored redundantly in more than one InfoProvider (meaning that it is contained completely in all value combinations of the characteristics) you must select from exactly one of the InfoProviders involved (otherwise the duplicated value is added incorrectly in the MultiProvider).

<b>However, if 0SALES is stored as an actual value in one InfoProvider and as a planned value in another InfoProvider so that there is no overlap between the data records (in other words, sales are divided separately between several InfoProviders) then it makes sense to make a selection across several InfoProviders.</b>

Going by this you can add the same key figure from diffrent info providers provided there is not overlap betweent the records.. ( the overlap depends on your union conditions )

This would mean that the same key combination should exist between the info providers for you to select the same key figure from different info providers..

Hope it helps..

Arun

Message was edited by: Arun Varadarajan