cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi tenant CAPM apps - sharing same HDI container ?

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello .

I have 5 CAPM projects with different namespaces, which shares the same HDI Container . master-db is shared across all these 5 -srv modules.

resources:
 - name: master-db
   type: org.cloudfoundry.existing-service
   parameters:
     service-name: master-db

Now, I want to enable multi tenancy for these projects . Expectation is , each tenant get an HDI container , but is shared across all the service instance , that tenant accesses.

Also, I can specify a schema name & container name while creating an HDI . How would I do that with MTX enabled ?

Sreehari

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain why you share one HDI Container from the different projects? Do you access data from one project in anotherone?

sreehari_vpillai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

gregorw

We are migrating a product to BTP . I have 10 modules in it, each of them will be a CAPM service. So , it's 10 containers now. We anticipate 50 customers to be onboarded to the platform . so it's 500 containers now.

reason for thinking this way :

1. In a multi tenancy mode, how would I inter communicate between my containers ( I may need sql access to develop views - eg master data would be a container and i need the tables in it to be joined with other tables in other containers ) => my main worry is this tbf . Have you come across any documents on this ? ( communication with other MTX containers )
  2. I need to provide SQL access outside of the containers . Managing 50 HDIs is easier than managing 500 of them .

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)