cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-Select Properties Updating

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Matt!

Apologies if this has been asked before but I cannot see it anywhere.

I keep finding that when a group of custom components of the same type are multi-selected, the properties of the first one seem to be used to update all the components in the selection, i.e. if the first component has a boolean property set to false and the second has it set to true, on multi-select both of these properties are set to false.

Is there a way of suppressing this?

Thanks

Mac

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say, for example, you just want to move a group of components (all the same) but with differrent properties set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mac,

If you have multi items selected and you make a change (like binding or making a change in th eproperty sheet) then that should get passed to all of the multi selected components (so when your property sheet calls setProiperty or setStyle or unbind/bind, that kind of thing)..

If all you are doing is moving them around (so changes not in the property sheet) then that should not affect the bindings/propeties/styles for the rest of the components apart from moving them around (or whatever you did).

I just tried it out with an add-on that has different bindings and it works ok.

Regards

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mac,

From what you are saying I think that is how the multi-select works in Xcelsius.

It (somehow) pushes the values from the first component to all the other ones as you make changes.

Regards

Matt