cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS WebDynpro Based - org hierarchy tree display in reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All;

I can really need some help here. Has anyone implemented the WebDynpro version of MSS (60.1)? If so, are you able to show the orgnizational hierarchy in the tree display in reporting? SAP is telling me that they dont't have the tree UI buillt in WebDynpro version. I find that's hard to justifiy because the org tree hierarchy is essential in HR moudule. I know that the tree view functinality is available in the Java Based MSS.

Thanks. Helen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helen,

Who is telling you this information from SAP? And, the fact is what was available in the Java based world has no real relevance to the new Webdynpro world. From what I understand of your message you are asking if you can make an org. hierarchy selection using a tree control to define the report query in the MSS 60.1 version - is that correct?

Best Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David;

Thanks for reading my message. Yes, we are using MSS 60.1 BP, WebDynpro platform and ECC 5.0 backend. And we are trying to implement the reporting workset that's executed using OADP object selection. I have the OSS message that's routed to India Development and they told me that Org Hierarchy Tree UI does not exisit in weddnpro. In fact, we also have java based BP installed in XSS and the org hierarchy tree is diplayed in object selection in Java version. If you know the way around it, that would really be a big big help to us.

This is an OSS reply from SAP: The WebDynpro based MSS reporting and the older JAVA based version don't

have the same UI. In the WebDynpro based reporting, the object selection is shown as list view only. There is

no tree view functionality.

Regards!

We have already tried Martin's suggestion who replied my message, but that does not help in WedDynpro platform: com.sap.pct.hcm.teamviewer.default</b> in the Dynamic Navigation of the Reporting Page [code]Content Administration ->

Helen

Message was edited by: Helen Tsai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David;

Thanks for reading my message. Yes, we are using MSS 60.1 BP, WebDynpro platform and ECC 5.0 backend. And we are trying to implement the reporting workset that's executed using OADP object selection. I have the OSS message that's routed to India Development and they told me that Org Hierarchy Tree UI does not exisit in weddnpro. In fact, we also have java based BP installed in XSS and the org hierarchy tree is diplayed in object selection in Java version. If you know the way around it, that would really be a big big help to us.

This is an OSS reply from SAP: The WebDynpro based MSS reporting and the older JAVA based version don't

have the same UI. In the WebDynpro based reporting, the object selection is shown as list view only. There is

no tree view functionality.

Regards!

We have already tried Martin's suggestion, and that does not help in webdynpro platform.

Helen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Helen,

you can add the iView <b>com.sap.pct.hcm.teamviewer.default</b> in the Dynamic Navigation of the Reporting Page

Content Administration -> Portal Content ->Migrated Content -> EP 5.0 -> iViews -> Manager Self-Service: My Staff -> 
Team Viewer

, which is included in the old MSS Business Package.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Martin