cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS - To display data, first select an employee message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In MSS--> Team --> General Information --> Employee Search Table, once I select an employee, the details of that employee gets uploaded respectively in General Data, Salary Data etc.. In general Data iview when I use the option "open in a new window" the system is opening a new window with an message "To display data, first select an employee".

Ive already selected the employee in Employee Search table. I am not understanding why this message is popping up.

Any clues? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance

PP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue got cleared with the answers given

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dion,

Thanks for the answer. We have other options like "print" with open in a new window option in the iview context menu. I am assuming for a print option also an event should be triggered which should copy the employee details in a new window. For the print option I am able to see the employee details in the new window. Can you please explain why the print option is working and why not open in a new window feature.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

it's possible that the print option works differently - you can try setting the epcf debug level higher on the iview and see what parameters are passed on to the iview. I haven't got a system at the moment to look at myself.

cheers,

Dion

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you click on print button, system will call a Window.Print() which is a JS function which will display the content present on that screen, ... where as your open in new window will re-open the corrosponding ivew in a new window which requires the employee id input to proceed further.

Open in new window simply dont open the iview in new window, it will open a new window+reload the iview

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you select an employee from the table, an event is raised via EPCF which the other iviews subscribe to. If you use the iview context menu and open an iview in a new window, that event is not fired and the iview which is executed in the new window does not have the employee key with which to obtain the data from the backend.

regards,

Dion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Raj, I am able to see the content in the general data iview. Only when I click open in a new window option I am getting this message.

former_member248450
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you see the smae message when you open it in the same window and not using open in new window option?