cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS iviews shows nothing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i'm trying to implement a ESS and MSS on SAP EP6.0 SP14 with a backend system SAP R/3 4.7. I've created a portal system with alias "SAP_R3_HumanResources" and all ESS iviews works fine.

My problem is when i try to access to MSS iviews, some of then give me an error that the system that they try to connect is not available, i can solve that with an alias, other ones shows me an empty screen with a background blue color !!!

Can some of you help me here, have i miss something ??

thanks all,

best regards,

Pedro Rodrigues

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

You need to install WP-PI 6.0 in your R/3. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hapizorr Rozi Alias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When it says that could not connect to R3, did you have an system alias that the iview try to connect ?? In the case of Team Viewer itis in field "SystemIdentifier".

If so, if you try to test system connection to ITS and Connector, it gives you a green result ??? I remenber you that you've to configure user mapping for that system before test connection.

If this doesn' work, try to change the system alias to something like "SAP_HR" or something, I've to do it because "SAP_R3_HumanResources" gave me an error until i've change the alias... strange but solved

Regards,

Pedro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are my notes on setting up a demo MSS for this release level ....

- For the system definition, ensure that

APPLICATION HOST = <SAP R/3 host name fully qualified, or IP address> eg. 10.51.24.176 (necessary for MSS, otherwise get 'ashost is missing' error)

- Import MSS Business Package (60.1) in Portal

- Import MSS Support Package (60.1) in Portal

- Create Workset as delta link from ESS Business Package version (My Staff workset)

- Create new role MSS

- Ensure that Role has 'Entry Point' set to Yes

- Add Workset to this role

- Assign a user to the role

- Set the user mapping for mapping to the SAP user via 'User Administration -> User Mapping'

- In SAP, find an employee (via PA30), and create an infotype 105 subtype 0001 record for this employee, entering the SAP user ID into this record. This maps the SAP user to an employee record.

- In SAP, set that employee as a 'chief' of the organisation unit

- Under System Administration -> Permissions,

go to Security Zones -> com.sap.portal.ep50 -> ep50safety

Add the MSS role to the permissions for this, and click on End User

- (Optional) Configure MSS using transaction code SIMG_SPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

R u able to see any employee in "Team Viewer" ?

Rgds,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi J

No I am not able to see any employees.

Thanks

Parina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pedro,

I too am getting the 'Cannot connect to R/3' error. If you were able to resolve kindly let me know how you did it. Thanks in advance.

Parina