cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS Outlook integration with Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

We are on EP5 SP5 and trying to integrate Microsoft outlook for general e-mail, calender and also for workflow e-mail notification. There are some issues at the moment with microsoft exchange server architecture which are being looked into. But in the meanwhile I am trying to find out various ways to integrate MS outlook with portal and pros & cons of the each option.

So far I have found 3 ways to do it.

On SDN, there is 'How to' paper publised on creating iViews to access MS Exchange data. It lists 2 ways to do it.

1. Using outlook thick client iview (i.e. using local installation of outlook)

2. Using outlook web access (OWA)

And there is 3rd way of

3. Using business package for communication

I was just wondering if anyone has assessed this before and decided to go one way rather than other. Could you pls. share your thoughts on this?

Thanks a lot,

Hemant Desai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hermant,

What is your Exchange Server's version?

Rgds,

Hapizorr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hemant,

we try way 2 and 3.

Way two works fine, the people knows the Outlook Desctop an have access to all things they need. When you need a manual how you can Integrate Outlook Web Access in the Portal please look on my homepage in the section "downloads". I put a manual there in the next minutes.

Way 3 was a horrortrip. In the beginning i have big problems to make it work. Over all i think i spend 5 days to make it work. The eMail view have until today big problems with showing the content of html eMails. Sometimes i have unexpected errormassages in the eMail iviews.

So my strong recommendation is: Dont use the business package for communication! Use Outlook Webaccess.

Best regards,

Patrick Höfer

http://www.netweaver-forum.de

former_member81750
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

I just went to your site and it looks good. Any chance you are going to make it multi-lingual. May be a english version so poor folks like me who only know english can also read it. I would love to help if you need any help in this regard.

Cheers

Pankaj

pankaj@pnarula.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

thanks for visiting my Site. You are the first one that giving me a feedback about my new site. Thanks for this. Technical it is no Problem to make the site Multilingual because there was a Content Management System with full multilingual support behind it. But i think this dosent make sense. There are much communitys for english speaking people about Portals and Netweaver.

With this Community (SDN) at the top of it.

I build a small Business-Community for people like me how like to diskuss and read news in german and want to have localy contact to other people that are working with the same things.

An other reason: When i support english in the community page i must translate all incoming content from german to english. I need a very long time for this and the results are terrible :-). In german the editorship of the community was a very easy work for me and didnt take much time.

So i must say "sorry, i cant handle it" to your request.

Best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

I have build an Iview with a tree structure (buttons) just like Microsoft Explorer. Every button navigates to a HTML page. So when I click on a button a new page opens. What I am trying to do is to get the HTML-page in an Iview and not in a new page. Can you help me with this.

Best regards,