MS Excel From SAP

dirk_meyer2
Participant
0 Kudos

dirk_meyer2_0-1718291670751.png

Using the Excel - Data - From Database - From SAP HANA Database interface
in Excel MS 365 V.2308  1673.20674

dirk_meyer2_1-1718291758530.png

The Infoobject Equipment is setup in BW with Text but only parts of the values are delivered with a text depending on the position in the Technical Place hierarchy.
For certain object it does not make sense to have a text and in the BW Reporting environment it is no problem.

But with this interface it seems to be a serious since the default display is set to the infoobject text.

As soon as there is no text, the value NULL appears instead of the key as eg. in AfO.
Since by SAP standards the text does not have to be unique (and is not checked for) the display of the text only is also not feasible since a unique selection is not possible.

Question:

Is there a way to setup either 2 columns (key/text) or display the key instead of the missing text?

With this setting the values with missing text are virtually not existing and therefore make the report/interface technical/logically incorrect  and therefor worthless.

The known ressources on that topic go in on any possible detail but that rather basic aspect.

View Entire Topic
nachtaktiv
Participant
0 Kudos

Which IObj are you looking at?
This is not the 0equipment, I can't see any "Engine No" or Engine order" there ?!

dirk_meyer2
Participant
0 Kudos

In the screen shot
Col A: Order Number:  text autom. displayed but has key here one single order is selected with its 1:n
Col B: Equipment No: text autom. displayed, all have keys,  "null" values arrise from the fact, that the Equipment text is not maintained except for the last entry
Col C: Engine No: no text setup in IOBJ, 1:1 relation to Equipment

I checked and played with the settings in the underlying query and changes in default display (key ot text (s/m/l)) have no impact on the display in Excel.
If set on key as default, I would expect that keys are displayed. If not Text is maintained despite default on text, I would expect that the key is displayed, because <null> is not a flaw but straight out logically wrong(!).

Using the ODBC interface on the same view you get for each column an addition "__T" column.