cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Data from Change Log to Active in ODS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need some help. Here is the scenario. I did my first Load into ODS - Init w/ Delta with selections from docs 1-20 & 25-50. (500 records). Then I did a Selective Update for Docs 21-25. Now that loaded successfully in the ODS but I only see those in the Change Log Table. I don't see those 21-25 (about 70 entries) in the Active Log. How would I actually move those records in the active table so can report on those. Any suggestions/pointers will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BW Dev,

How do you know that those entries are not in the Active table...have you checked the data values of the Active table, or just looked at the number of rows? Number of rows would not be an accurate indicator as records can be overwritten.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Yes I did check the entries and sorted by doc num. I see all the records upto 20 and then jumps to 26.. so am missing 21-25 which I see when I go on the change log but missing in Active. There has to be some kind of setting to actually move over those records from Change log to Active ?? Is that true or am I just imagining things ??

Message was edited by: BW Dev

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well actually the way the ODS tables are built is that data gets loaded to the Activation Queue. When you Activate it, it move to the Active Data table and the Change Log table. So nothing really as a process to move from Change Log to the Active Data table.

Take a look at this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/10/54853b175d214ee10000000a11402f/content.htm

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhanu,

Thanks for the link. I followed that but the latest request(Repair Full Request) is already activated and I don't see those records from Repair Full along with my First Init w/ Delta request. What I was trying to test is how would I load some records in middle of a range (In this case 21-25) after the initial load has taken place. I was thinking Repair Full Request would do the trick. I loaded my data, although it didn't load in Active and thus wondering what part of the step did I miss out. Pleas advise.. thanks for your time on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dear,

first of all if you do two inits:

1-20

25-50

then you cannot do another init with

21-25

because is overlapping (25 has been already initialized).

What do you mean by "I did a Selective Update" ?

Anyway, in this case it's better to reload everything again (better if you have all in your PSA)...

Otherwise you can alway build a generic extractor on the changelog table and then reload the missing records (with a full repair request). Or the same but with a file download/upload...

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Thanks for your quick reply. Maybe I can be more clearer. First Load of mine was Init w/ Delta, where in Data Selection I had picked from 1-20 and then 25-50. 2nd one was Repair Full request where in Data Selection I had 21-25. This loaded fine but only in Change log as I can't see those in the Active table. So this is where I was stuck wondering how to move it into Active Table so can see all the records together. Thanks for your help on this.