cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify a Business Package without NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to modify an ESS Business Package in a system where I want to NOT install NWDI. I have search this forum on how to do that but everything I find is related to NDWI.

So, is it possible to modify a Business Package (or a SCA file) without NWDI ? Or is this tool absolutely necessary ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Greg.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

With regard to your question:

Is it possible to modify a Business Package (or a SCA file) without NWDI ? Or is this tool absolutely necessary ?

You should require the NWDI as in the business package we have DCs which could be ustomised/modified using the Development Configurations perspective.

regards,

Kris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

What kind of customization you are talking about, there is a method with which you can modify/customize the ESS iView without having NWDI.

If you need that then search the SDN wiki with ESS, you will get lots of solutions.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gregory,

NWDI provides a strategic framework for maintaining SAP delivered code. So, you can cook up a method to modify a particular application, assemble it in a way that its deployable but is not a friendly method of maintenance.

I believe some time back, companies tried using sourcesafe/subversion/clearcase to maintain Java code delivered by SAP but since the time when SAP started recommending "layered architecture" (in NWDI terms), SAP indirectly mandated NWDI's usage.

There's too much dependency on NWDI now.. and its the way to go.

Kiran