Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing LoggedOnUsers iview

mirnachaanine
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

In an effort to find the list of users that are logged into the portal, I tried to go to System Adminstration -> Monitoring -> Portal but could not find the LoggedOnUsers iview described in SAP Help. There was no link that I could see to check the list of logged on users.

However, trying to access the URL directly http://<portal host>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.admin.monitor.UserOverview displays the right screen and successfully lists the number of users logged on to the portal.

I am on EP 6.0 SP7. I already have the com.sap.portal.runtime.application.monitor/UserMonitor service turned on and started.

I am wondering as to how I can get the LoggedOnUsers iview to show under System Administration -> Monitoring. I would appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,

Mirna Chaanine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mirnachaanine
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Asle,

Thank you so much for your response and help on this. Your steps worked just fine.

Thanks again,

- Mirna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to help you!

Please don't forget to assign points to the people who have solved/help you solved the question.

See: for directions.

Click on the Yellow Star icon in each reply.

You can give:

1 - 10 pointer (solves problem, marks as answered)

2 - 6 pointers (very helpful)

Lots of 2 pointers (helpful)

Cheers

Asle

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I tried to preview the iview "Logged on users" but I got a "Could not find portal application" error. When I looked at the portal logs I found this:

com.sapportals.portal.prt.component.PortalComponentException: Error in init method

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationNotFoundException: Could not find portal application

Object com.sap.portal.dqp.admintool.session.SessionAndQueryManager not found.

I guess I am missing some par file because I don’t see any application named UserOverview under com.sap.portal.admin.monitor. I just have Administration, RequestSummary, RequestOverview, ComponentOverview, ThreadOverview applications.

I am using EP 6.0 SP2 Patch 29

If I am missing any component or have to update them, what is the best way to obtain it?

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirna!

To show the Logged On Users iView under System Administration -> Monitoring, you have to add the Logged On Users iView to the System Administration workset.

The System Administration workset can be found (in the PCD) under <i>Content Provided by SAP -> Admin Content -> System Administrators -> Worksets</i>

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/administrator/system_admin/worksets/com.sap.portal.system_admin_ws

The Logged On Users iView can be found under Content <i>Provided by SAP -> Admin Interfaces -> Admin iView Templates</i>

pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/admin.templates/iviews/com.sap.portal.userOverview

1. Add the Logged On User iView as delta link to the Portal folder under the Monitoring Page in the System Administration workset

2. Change the properties to the added iView if needed

3. Save the changes

4. Refresh browser to be able to see the new iView in the menu

Hopes this works for you!

Cheers,

Asle