cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing filter values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have a query running on a remote cube. When running it in our development system it runs ok. But when I have transported it to Test environment I do not find any filter values for my own characteristics. There are however filter values for the time characteristics (0CALMONTH).

I can see all values in the cube ok when running listcube. I have activated all the objects involved and also generated the report in RSRT. Bu nothing seems to help. Can anyone give me a clue on what to do?

Kind Regards

/Pontus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

One more thing...

If I try to create a new query on the cube directly in the testsystem. I can not see any values when trying to restrict my own character....

Still confused!

Pontus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for supporting me in this (you will be rewarded).

• The transport went ok. The only thing I had to do afterwords was to assign a source system to the Remote Cube.

• I can not find any error in the SQL-code

Arun: I am not sure how to check posted values for the characteristic...

The settings on the Characteristic is:

<b>Query Def. Filter Value Selection</b>: Only values in infoprovider

<b>Query Execution Filter Val. Slectn</b>:Only Posted Values for navigation

Does this seems wrong? If not, any other clue to solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Pontus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would try looking at the SQL that is generated for the query. For the values that you have in the filter, the SID values might be different due to the remote cube not physically being in the system. Not sure if this is the case, but I have seen this as an issue for this before.

Thanks,

Jeff

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pontus,

Have you checked posted values for the characteristic ? maybe it is trying to read from the remote cube and not finding any data , returns an empty set ?

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you check the transport Request whether it is transported successfully or not

Regards

VV