cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatching usage types for EhP4 upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP,

We are planning to upgrade EC2 to EhP4 and I am currently in the process of choosing the technical usages in MOPZ.

I noticed that when I checked EC2's usage types from the link http://mdcsap01:50000/utl/UsageTypesInfo, i get the following:

- Process integration

- BI JAva

- Application Server

- EP Core Components

- Enterprise Portal

- Application Server ABAP

- Self services

- learning sol'n content player

- biller direct

- extended e-selling componentsa

- central component

- business packages (portal content)

when i compared it to the currently installed java components, they do not match. I mean, for example, I have the usage types Enterprise Portal and EP Core but i dont even have specific java components installed like EPBUILDT or EPBC. Below are my current java components.

- ADSSAP

- BASETABLES

- BI_MMR

- BI_UDI

- CAF

- CAF-UM

- CORE-TOOLS

- JLOGVIEW

- JSPM

- KM-KW_JIKS

- LM-TOOLS

- SAP-JEE

- SAP-JEECOR

- SAP_JTECHF

- SAP_JTECHS

- UMEADMIN

I mean, I think these components are basically for usage type Applicaiton Sever Java alone.

why is there a consistency? and which should i consider when choosing the technical usages for EhP4: my currently installed components, or my usage types? I was thinking that if i consider my currently installed components, can i deactivate the usage types that do not match?

please advise.

thanks,

cha cha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I really doubt if you are using all these usage types. It looks you have selected all usage type while installing the system. But now in order to upgrade the system you need to upgrade all usage types to keep system consistent. You cannot deactivate PI usgae type.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

But now in order to upgrade the system you need to upgrade all usage types to keep system consistent.

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the response.

By your statement above, do you mean i need to install the missing components for the usage types before I can proceed with the upgrade to EhP4?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whatever usage type that you are getting from the URL should be installed on your system. I am not sure why SP's of those usage types are missing on your system.

You need to upgrade your system as per usage types that you are getting from the URL.

Thanks

Sunny