cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Portal Activity Tracking Report from EP5 to EP6NW04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating our EP5 Portal to EP6 NW04. This doesn't really seem to be an issue for us. However, a while ago we implemented the non-SAP, unsupported Portal Activity Tracking reports that were available for download on SDN. I see that this same tool is available for EP6NW04, but I cannot find a guide to migrate the old data to the new Portal.

Can anyone help here?

Regards

Samir Bhana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

I am supposed to compile a list of steps and/or conditions for the migration of EP5 to EP6. From your message I can see that you have done it successfully. May I ask you for a favour: in case you have your migration processes documented in any way (or format), I would appreciate if you can share that with me.

Would that be possible? Thanks in advance.

Branko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

As stated above, the Portal Activity Tracking is not supported for migration. However the NW04 portal comes with an activity reporting tool which allows you to get statistics about the number of logged users and their activity throughout the portal.

You can read more about it here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/ep/anybody out there.article

Regards,

Or

jpolus
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samir,

It says right in the EP6 SP2 migration guide that the activity data is not migrated with the process. Since this was an add on to your EP5 system, I highly doubt that there will be a guide to tell you how to migrate this data for an EP5 system. I don't know anything about where the data is kept, but if it is on the file system and it is in a similar format, I'd just try copying it over to the EP6 system and see what it does.

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Thanks for this. Just to make clear, this report is not standard functionality. It is a kit that was available for download from SDN which created it's own DB (PortalApps) in SQL.

Since I'm not sure how the DB structure changes with the release of this software for EP6, I was just wondering if anyone out there had tried to do the same thing...

Samir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samir / Or,

Please could you help me by providing some details on how I can get User Activity Logging data in EP5? Perhaps you have details of the product you were using, or links to where I can find further information?

Thanks,

Bruce.