cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to a new network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our company got acquired by another and we are in the process of migrating to their network.  What they have done is cloned our servers on new machines and changed the names.

Since then, I can't run a report through Launchpad.  The error is Failed to Open the connection (Database vendor code 53).

So, I created a new ODBC connection on the server (System DSN) and on the pc with Crystal Reports designer and tried to use the new connection string.  That gives me an error of Unable to connect: Incorrect log on parameters.

One other variable is that they changed the accounts that were used to administer the server.  For example, I used to use admin to connect to the server and now I use my personal account via AD.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far, it looks like the Step 3 from Venkatesh is going to fix the problem.  The SIA was still pointing to the old domain.

Thanks everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to run the report from my desktop no problem.

And, I am the DBA   The ODBC connects fine when tested on the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please share u system configuration and is this a problem with once or all reports and is this a webi , crystal or anthing else ?

Step 1:

Please check if all servers are running in CMC.

Step 2:

Please check in CCM if you are using your admin Domain account(Try it in Dev server )

Start you CCM (Central Configuration Manager), Select Server Intelligent Agent, Right click and choose properties, Untick System Account and provide a user (domain) account which has sufficient rights to access your folder.

Step 3:

Have you checked right click on the report Databse configuration enter user name and password in the first tab and at thel last  select "Use same database logon as when report is run".

If still persists please lets us know

Hope this works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deanna,

for Bi 4.0 the server ODBC has to be 64 bit and client ODBC should be 32bit.. Please create a 64bit ODBC in server and check if it makes diffrence..

also try creating a new report after the ODBC is setup rather than running an existing report..

jens_grotholtmann
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have in mind, that CR needs a 32-bit Driver on the server because it runs still on 32 bit, even in BI4.

Check the connection between all components of your new deployment, maybee there is a firewall, a misconfigured Port or something like this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the issue is with DB issue u are giving wrong DB login issue, please conatct your DBA for this issue are u ale to run report from your desktop? if issue still persists please share screen shot and we will proceed from there.