cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating database from big endian platform to little endian

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document says that index rebuild is necessary but is there alternative to rebuilding indexes or faster way to build them when migrating from Solaris big endian to Linux x86 (red hat) little endian platform.

Appreciate your response..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right we will need to index rebuild in parallel to save some time.

This is the last thing I want to do but looks like I have no choice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

On a separate but related note:

I may need to take a look at a similar migration project - would you mind pointing me to the documentation you have found on this please?

What has been your experience of this process?

Kind regards,

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find documentation but the procedure is pretty straight forward. The only problem about rebuilding indexes is that it takes lot of time and requires more space. So there are different alternatives we need to think of in terms of speeding up the indexing process like running multiple create index commands in parallel and sorted_data option.

javier_barthe
Participant
0 Kudos

Sp_indsuspect gives you the suspect indexes so you can develop some script in order to catch this output and then split output in some other files in order to execute dbcc reindex on each table on parallels isql sessions.