cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating BODS 4.1to another server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to migrate BODS 4.1 from one windows server to another.

I have already did the BODS 4.1 installation on the new windows server.

Could you please let me know the steps to migrate the data with security to the new server.

I did a  promote job from the old BODS to the new BODS ,but i am getting the following error:

Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Logon failure to Destination CMS:xxxxx.xxxx.com:3215.

Please help.

Thanks,

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

If you check the error logs why it was 3215, it should be 6400.

Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Logon failure to Destination CMS:xxxxx.xxxx.com:3215.

Can you please check it that you are passing the right paramter at promotion manager, there are many ways to migrate the BODS 4.1 from one Server to another.

• Import the Complete ATL Backup
  • Import the Substitution  ATL Backup
  • Import the System Configuration ATL Backup

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

Thanks for the reply.

But i am able to login to CMC on destination with port 3215.

Regarding the second point, Could you please let me know the steps how to transfer the data through promotion management.

Thanks,

Rajiv

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

You are Pasing the wrong details in "Promotion Manager" to transfer the "Local Repository" from one Environment to another environment.

Please use the below points to configure a New Job in "Promotion Manager":

• Create a New Job
  • Name of New Jobs - Migration
  • Description - Migration
  • Save Job in: Path of Folder where you save this Job (Job Name: Migration)_
  • Source: ABC:6400 (Server Name: Port Number)
  • Destination: DEF:6400 (Server Name: Port Number)
  • Then Click on Create
  • Then Add Objects and Add Data Services Repository
  • Execute or Schedule the Promotion Job

Or you can also use ATL methos to deploy in new environment but it was manual activity.

• Complete Backup of Project of BODS 4.0 Old Version
  • System Configuration Backup of BODS 4.0 Old Version
  • Substitution Paramater Backup of BODS 4.0 Old Version
  • Deploy Complete Backup of Project of BODS 4.0 Old Version in New BODS 4.1 Version
  • Deploy System Configuration Backup of BODS 4.0 Old Version in New BODS 4.1 Version
  • Deploy Substitution Paramater Backup of BODS 4.0 Old Version in New BODS 4.1 Version

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

i have done exactly the steps you have mentione above.

But i get the error

Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Logon failure to Destination CMS:xxxx.xxxx.xxx:3215

Can you give me the procedure to use ATl.

Thanks,

Rajiv

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I already posted the procedure in above thread.

####

Or you can also use ATL methos to deploy in new environment but it was manual activity.

• Deploy Complete Backup of Project of BODS 4.0 Old Version in New BODS 4.1 Version
  • Deploy System Configuration Backup of BODS 4.0 Old Version in New BODS 4.1 Version
  • Deploy Substitution Paramater Backup of BODS 4.0 Old Version in New BODS 4.1 Version

#####

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I am trying to export each folder as a LCMBIAR file and importing into destination through promotion management.The import shows as success but i dont see the contents as seen in the source.

Thanks,

Rajiv

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

Please deploy the ATL backup it is best method.

####

Or you can also use ATL methods to deploy in new environment but it was manual activity.

#####

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daya,

I managed to migrate all objects using LCMBIAR file.

But I am not able to migrate the connections object as I am not able to add it while exporting it into LCMBIAR file.

Thanks,

Rajiv

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

When you create the Data Services Jobs in Promotion Manager to move the Repository from "One Environment" to "another Environment" there is no parameter regarding dependency like system configuration, substitution parameter.

They have called VMS Functionality like "Check in", "Checkout" , "Get the Latest Version" but not the dependenecy in Promotion Manager, So if you want the old System Cofiguration details then you have to do manual activity here.

You can move the same "System Configuration" backup in BODS Designer. Just follow the below steps for implementing System Configuration in BODS Designer.

• Right Click on Project Area, Go to Repository->Export System Configuration
  • System Configuration Backup of BODS 4.X/BODS 3.X (Development) in form of ATL or XML
  • Deploy (ATL or XML) System Configuration Backup of Project of 4.X/BODS 3.X(Designer 1) to 4.X/BODS 3.X(Designer 2)

Also refer below thread.

Links:

BODS 4- query metadata to get substitution parametershttp://scn.sap.com/message/13921473#13921473

Thanks,

Daya

Answers (0)