cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate folders but not sub-folders/files - Import Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I need to migrate few folders from one environment to another environment and DO-NOT want to migrate the sub-folders using Import Wizard.

Now under one folder, there are around 4000 adobe files, I do not want to migrate it. I only want to migrate the folder name.

So deselecting these  400 files using import wizard does not seems to be practical.

The reason why I want to migrate the folder name and not just create the folder in another environment is to make sure that the CUID's of the folder name remains same.

Does anyone help me out in this ?

Thanks,

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

graham_sturmy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hold down the SHIFT key when selecting the folder.  It will not select any sub folders or reports.  (Tested on XI3.1 FP5.1)

Regards,

Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Graham,

Hope you are doing good.

Thanks for the solution it worked for me 🙂

Regards,

Anupam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Are those adobe files just instances ? If yes, then you can simply uncheck the option to migrate instances.

Regards

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

All these are reports.

The two options which I am able to find out but can't think of working on it are :

1. Selecting a folder automatically selects the sub-folders and objects. It's not practical to deselect 4448 objects in Import Wizard.

2. If I migrate the complete folder(including objects which gets selected automatically), then we need someone to delete all these objects from PROD environment after migration, which again seems tedious.

Thanks,

Anupam