cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft ODBC data manager not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a Universe using Information Design Tool and published it to the repository. My data source was MS SQL server 2008. At this point I am able to view the result values in query in IDT.

Now when I try to preview the query in SAP Dashboard Design, I am getting the below error while using Query Builder in SAP Bo XI4 Dashboard designer.

Request processing failed. (XLS 000009)

Request processing failed. (XLS 000009) []<com.businessobjects.dsl.commons.exception.NestedException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified&gt

My Specifications are :

MS SQL Server 2008 in 64 bit OS

BO 4.0

I tried creating system DSN in odbcad32.exe in the PC but it didn't work. I still get the error.

Any suggestion on how to resolve it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Since your SQL is 64 bit than BI 4.0 is also 64bit, you have to create DSN using 64 bit driver of MSQL connect to database.

It was working correctly in client tool becuase it was 32bit application.

But in the server it tries to use the DSN create 64 bit and unable to get the datasource with that name. Hence the error.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

Im facing the same problem today. Searching on web, I found that the resolution for this problem is to add "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86" to the path environment variables ( in case of client tools installation on the SIA server). Someone knows more about this?

Unfortunately, now I dont have permission to add this variable to the server, but when I do, I post here the result.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. did you find the solution?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try with below steps.

1. Log on to CMC.

2. Go to Server->Data Federation Service.

3. Try to restart the Adaptive Processing server.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same problem. Did you find the solution?

Thank you

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Forget the Federation server. You need the Connection Servers up.

This is a DSN problem.

For this 1 SQL server connection, you need BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit DSN defined on the BI Processing Server, with the same name.

Good info here: https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000018202011E/index.htm

Regards,

H

p.s. lots of notes about this :

1495318 - Error: Data source name not found and no default driver specified

1543358 - Error: "A database error text is [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.

1396736 - " : [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" error when testing connection in Universe Designer on 64-bit Windows OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we also have the same problem.

I want to read this: https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000018202011E/index.htm but we don't have enough permission to open it.

Do you have any idea why?

Ivona

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need an S-user for the 'SMP' "service market place"

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to tell you that I already have my sap ID and password and i haven't had any problem with permission till now.

We send mail to SAP support, now we wait.

Thnx,

Ivona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Henry ,  your  solution work fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.