cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Chain- Local Chain start job hangs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus, I am trying to create a meta chain (MC1) to control our nightly processing. Currently, I am experimenting with a meta chain (MC1) that is executing 1 process chain (PC1). The meta chain (MC1) is scheduled by triggering an event. The local process chain (PC1) has a start condition of "Start Using Meta Chain or API".

My problem is that when I start the meta chain (MC1), I see the process for the process chain running. But the BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER job for the local process chain (PC1) is just sitting in an "active" state. It doesn't finish or trigger the next process in the process chain. Am I doing something wrong?

Much appreciate the help, and will reward.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The common problem should be that PC1 was not launched, but you told that it is launched and job remain active.

Then, does the job finish with short dump?, it should do it, by time out or something similar check st22 for dumps. Is it the process doing anything in sm50? maybe the process is zombie. Or simply the process is active the time that should be active, because of huge load for example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I did not get a dump. I had to cancel the BI_PROCESS_TRIGGER (PC1) job manually (after letting it run for over an hour). Then I had to cancel the BI_PROCESS_CHAIN (MC1) job also.

One thing I found wierd is that the user name assigned to the jobs for PC1 is BWREMOTE. I wonder if I need to update the RFC connection for our BW system to give it a logon ID and pw?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not strange that the user who launchs PC1 was BWREMOTE (The user for batch process) because it is which create and launch the job. Sometimes happens that the chain can not be launched because of no authorization of BWREMOTE user, but the chain stops inmediatly.

Don't kill the job and let it finish, if you get a dump you will obtain some light to solve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

3+ hours and still running...

I am thinking of cancelling again and then putting a wait time on the local chain start process. Maybe the local chain is still activating while start process has initiated? I am reaching...

Former Member
0 Kudos

After letting it run all day, I cancelled the jobs. I ended up adding a wait time to the start process of the local chain, and everything ran fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BWREMOTE needs to be setup as a System user. Sounds like it might be setup as a Communication user.

For the benefit of all -

See Note 947690 and 150315.