cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memorry Allocation Error While extracting the data from Calculation view to BW

former_member406411
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Calculation View doesn't have any data for specific company code while extracting data into ADSO through IP and showing memory allocation error.

Note: While executing the calculcation view form DB01 in order to see the data in calculation view also showing me the same error.

"Column Store Error/Memory Allocation Failed".

Could you please help me out to correct the error in Production enviornment.

former_member406411
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Could any body please share your thoguht on the same?

DotEiserman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

Do you know if your statement is consuming a large amount of memory? There might be limits set on your environment per statement call which would give you an error similar to this. You could look in the "SYS"."M_EXPENSIVE_STATEMENTS" table to see if your name and select statement appears. Let me know.

Kind regards,

Dot

DotEiserman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay, that is a lot of memory!! You are probably hitting the statement memory limit, in the same expensive statement table, if you scroll all the way to the right you'll see a statement limit. Do you know what the limits are for you environment? There is normally a global allocation limit to prevent you going over your licensed limit and then a statement memory limit to prevent users from being greedy. Thanks Dot

DotEiserman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay, did you find the problem? I suspect it is probably just a calculation view with a lot of rows and columns resulting in a large dataset. Andrey's tip on using explain plan is a good idea to see what it is doing along the way. Thanks Dot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member302041
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please try to run "EXPLAIN PLAN" for your statement.

Maybe there you will be some bottlenecks...

former_member406411
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Eiserman,

Thanks for your response.

Yes it is consuming more than ~101 GB when i executed the select stmt on "m-expensive-statements.png" table and given me the same error msg ' column store error: search table error: [9] Memory allocation failed'.

kindly suggest me on this issue.