cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Server and BW 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the MDM Master Guide there is a reference link beween BW3.1 system and MDM server. What does this mean?

What are the MDM 2.0 specific components(Like MDM 2.0 Content Integrator) other than related products(EP, XI, Solution Manager etc) required as part of completer MDM 2.0 installation(CCMDHCMDM)?

Do there is an ABAP layer for MDM 2.0 SP5? If so

1.What is the version and do we have to install a WAS system initially?

2.Which all functionlities require the usage of the SAP Gui for Windows?

Thanks and Regards,

Sam Mathew

View Entire Topic
postmich
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Q:In the MDM Master Guide there is a reference link beween BW3.1 system and MDM server. What does this mean?

A:Extractors are provided, to transfer Master Data Objects and the respective key-mapping to BW. Based on this information, global analysis like Global Spend could be built and executed.

Q:What are the MDM 2.0 specific components(Like MDM 2.0 Content Integrator) other than related products(EP, XI, Solution Manager etc) required as part of completer MDM 2.0 installation(CCMDHCMDM)?

A:MDM is a part of SAP Netweaver. Components which have to be installed are depending on the current system landscape of the customer. Within MDM we will deliver the complete environment if no SAPNetweaver components are installed yet.

Q:Do there is an ABAP layer for MDM 2.0 SP5? If so

1.What is the version and do we have to install a WAS system initially?

A:SAP MDM will require a WAS 6.20 version

Q:2.Which all functionlities require the usage of the SAP Gui for Windows?

All functions can be executed via the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q: What are the MDM 2.0 specific components(Like MDM 2.0 Content Integrator) other than related products(EP, XI, Solution Manager etc) required as part of completer MDM 2.0 installation(CCMDHCMDM)? I understand that MDM is part of the net weaver and the landscape depends on the customer. But what are the minimum basic basic basic components required? (Assumption : There is only one MDC and it is SAP R/3)

Q: Do there is an ABAP layer for MDM 2.0 SP5? If so

Is it a must that an ABAP layer is required as part of WAS 620? What I am trying to understand is whether the back end logic is written using ABAP or Java?

Q:If all functinalities of MDM can be executed for all MDM roles, Why I have to install SAP GUI as per the installation guide?

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

The MDM 2.0 components are explicitly listed in the Master Guide which has been published on the Service Marketplace. The list also indicates whether a component is mandatory or optional.

Since the Solution Manager is used for Customizing ID mapping and synchronization when several R/3 systems are used as MDCs, I think it is not mandatory in your case.

The Master Guide also provides detailed information on MDM 2.0 SP 05 components. SAP MDM 2.0 includes both an ABAP and Java stack (for Content Integrator).

Some administrative portal functions include transactions (e.g. some monitoring functions) that are called using ITS. This is why you need SAP GUI.

Regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Markus for the straight answeres .Would you please tell me whether I require a BW system if I am not planning for "Spend Analysis"?. The reason is BW system in set mandatory in Master Guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Sam Mathew

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

With regard to the Software Component Matrix provided in the MDM 2.00 Master Guide you have to differentiate between sections <i>3. Master Data Server</i> and <i>6. Analytics</i>:

<b>Section 3:</b> BW is part of the <u>technical</u> base of the Master Data Server component.

<b>Section 6:</b> The BW listed is exclusively for analytical purposes (and therefore set as optional).

So please note that these are separate instances.

Kind regards,

Markus

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is also illustrated in the MDM 2.00 Master Guide in the graphic provided under "Technical System Landscape".

Markus