Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDK Object Table control Search doesn´t function for binding with Client Data

yyertuganov
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts:

I am using Object Table control to show the table from Client Data using binding TARGET -> STRING TARGET ->{#Page:Main/#ClientData/#Property:ListOrders}.

It shows the table contents in the Object Table, however it´s single field Search function doen´t work, meaning doesn´t filter as I type values.

This function seem to work ok with EntitySet Binding with OData.

Is it something restricted for this control if use Client Data as a binding? If so is there some workaround suggestions?

Many thanks,

Yergali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Another option is to still use the standard object table search input but instead of directly binding to the #ClientData you can use a rule. The rule will normally just return the ClientData value but when a search term is input it will re-execute the rule and you can then implement your custom search logic inside the rule and return the filtered sub-set of values.

Here is an example rule where I have the target for my Object Table set to this rule and inside the rule when the user searches I am filtering my Products list (from the Sample service) on Name or Category Name.

/**
 * Describe this function...
 * @param {IClientAPI} context
 */
export default function GetStringTargetWithSearch(context) {
    let target = context.evaluateTargetPath('#Page:Main/#ClientData/#Property:ProductsList');
    let searchString = context.searchString;
    if (searchString) {
        let searchResult = target.filter(prod => { return prod.Name.includes(searchString) || prod.CategoryName.includes(searchString) });
        target = searchResult;
    }

return target;
}

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mingkho
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Yergali

Yes, Search functionality only works for binding with EntitySet, that's why it's not working with Target Path binding with #ClientData.

A possible workaround will be implementing your own search input (e.g. using Simple Property Form Cell) + custom search logic inside OnValueChange to update your ClientData with filtered data and then redraw the Object Table Section.

Regards

Ming

yyertuganov
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ming, will try this method!

sopizaken
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ming.kho,

My list is binded to an entity set with a defined rule for a query option, and the filter does not work. Do you know the possible cause for this? What can be done to solve this issue?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Rachel, Since this question os already answered, please open a new question with the specifics of issue.

yyertuganov
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Bill, will try this method as well!