cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDK Application Using Tab page unable to get detail tab page from previous tab object list

former_member357192
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using the BAS for MDK application development.

Facing an issue Using Tab control page unable to get detail tab page from the previous tab object list

We are having a three-tab Scan, List & Detail.

We are getting the result after the scan list is showing on the list tab but once click on the list object value detail tab is getting blank,

We have applied the required filter as per service.

Thanks

Kartik

View Entire Topic
FranciscoSAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi kartikkmk,

If I understand correctly, you are trying to display detail information using a Tabbed page. I believe this is not possible as tab and bottom navigation pages are used to display information belonging to the same hierarchical level, you can read more about this behavior in the official documentation for Tab pages.

This means that if you are trying to use a tab to display detail information belonging to a dependent entity, you don't have the @readlink property available to successfully link your parent entity to its children entities. You would either have to modify your data modelling to fit all your data in the same hierarchy or use a different type of page.

former_member357192
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello franciscoo_a9475

can we use the client data to store the value and retrieve it within a different tab in a different rule.

We already tried this way, if there any possibility so please guide us.

Thanks in Advance

FranciscoSAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

kartikkmk,

I have honestly never tried it, when I faced my issue I just switched from using a tabbed page to regular section pages navigating from header to detail. But If I were to try the idea you suggested I would persist the key value in clientData like you said, and then from your desired detail tab invoke a rule that performs a read on your service using the key value you stored earlier. On the read's success function you could then store every value you need to display in clientData once again and then bind your controls to the clientData property where you are storing those values or even set the values programmatically depending on the type of control you are using.