cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGF - Is master data edition specific?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Master data ( ex: Cost center ) created in edition 1 is not visible in another edition 2 of the same edition type.

Is master data Edition specific ?

Ex:

Editin E1 -> Change request C1 -> Cost center  CS1 is created. Edition E1 has been released and replicated.

Now a new Edition E2 is created to change the above created cost center CS1 data. But cost center is not visible in Edition E2.

How does alreday replicated master data is visible in other editions with same edition type?

I have seen little help on Flexi mode (Staging tables) and Re-use mode (ECC data) regarding on this topic,

But i couldn't activate the MDGF to get master data from ECC tabels.

Anybody had these issues in MDGF implementation?

Regards,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

MDG-F based upon a flex data model. It does not use the back-end tables in the MDG hub system. You can only replicate its data to any other ECC system. On the hub, the data is edition specific. This is done to support the time dependency of some MDG-F entities in the back-end.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the details.

So if I understood right, same object/entity data can not be referenced in another edition.

then how to update the objects(Cost cente or Profit center) which are creating through MDG-F

or already exists in ECC ?

Regards,

Naresh