cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-M New Data Model Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find a list of all attributes for all entities in the new MDG-M (MM) data model?

I have found many documents listing the new entities, such as MARDMRP and MARDSTOR but I would like a list of attributes.

I am about to extend the MDG data model to add the material master Label Type (MARA-ETIAR) and Label Form (MARA-ETIFO) fields but if these are in the new 7.0 model, I may wait until we upgrade because we need several of the new storage location fields as well.

In ECC, Label Type and Label Form fields are on the "Plant data / stor. 1" view of the material master.  However, they are actually enterprise-level fields stored in MARA.  So I am trying to determine the best place to add these to the MDG data model.  At the moment, I am thinking I need to add to the MATERIAL entity since they are enterprise fields, using the guide, SAP How-To Guide: Extend MDG-M Data Model by a New Field (Reuse Option).

Rob Scofield

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You find the Material Data model metadata over here.

Data Model Metadata (Material)

Even if Label Type and Label Form are not available (I haven't check the data model yet), you can extend it on the Material Entity. Should not be a big problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tommy Lee,

Thank you.  The link to the spreadsheet showing the 7.0 model, provided by Lars Rueter, is exactly what I was looking for.  We are on version 6.1 so I needed something external to our system to refer to.

It looks like the Label Type and Label Form fields were not added in the version 7.0 data model so I will proceed with extending myself.  These fields are a little odd because they are related to storage location but SAP chose to make them MARA fields (enterprise level) rather than MARC or MARD in the ERP system.  I was considering whether I should add my own ZMARASTORE entity for these fields but it would be simplier to just add ZETIAR and ZETIFO to the existing MATERIAL entity.

Rob

d024348
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Adding these fields to entity MATERIAL has one downside:

If the material type allows creation of a Storage view, then the material is created with a storage view (maintenance status L in MARA-PSTAT and MARA-VPSTA).

This might not be intended, as the view might (depending on customizing) require additional mandatory fields.

Therefore, a separate entity would be the safe option.

There are already a couple of other MARA related entities like MARASALES, MARAPURCH, ..., so this would not be a risky option.

Best regards, Ingo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashwincap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

You can find the attributes related to each entity types as explained by Reema above.

Also you can find the related structure list in SE11 in data types, by searching as:

/MDG*Entity Name and click for structures.

Thanks

Ashwini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

The attributes for all the entities for data model MM can be found  in below path:

Transaction MDGIMG -->General settings --> Data Modelling --> Edit data model--> Select data model MM and click on entity types.

Regards,

Reema