cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-M implementation on standalone ECC

0 Kudos

Hello

My question is regard the implementation approach when implementing MDG on own ECC instance (standalone and not on Productive ECC instance)

1.  Implement MDG on ECC using just the ABAP stack of ECC. Use flex mode?

2. Copy existing Material customisations on to the new ECC instance and use Reuse Active area mode?

Which of the above options is recommended? The challenge in first option is that we would need development of existing ECC customizations. In second option, the bringing over of ECC customisations to the new instance.

Thanks

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member247058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

for my opinion you have only alternative 2, because for flex mode you would have to re-develop everything which has already been done for reuse including not only model, but also UI and programs. In addition, you still would need some backend customizing because the goverened data need to fit into the client system when you distribute it finally.

Regards,

Hans-Ulrich von Helmolt

0 Kudos

Hans,

That's correct, that is my opinion as well as it would bring in all the ERP standard and any custom developed content on to the new MDG instance which can be reused. But bringing over ERP customisations on to the new instance , is that a standard practice? If the MDG is only for Material master,  is entire ECC customisation/configurations copied or just the customisations/config specific to Material master? Is that too much effort? Have you already done this and can you provide insights into things to watch out for?

Thanks

Arvind

former_member247058
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I guess that is pretty much standard. You need only the customizing settings which are relevant for the material master (including the organizational structures, of course). First of all it is important that you identify which attributes you want to put under governance (don't know the release you are talking about), this will help you to identify the check tables which are relevant. Only these need to be harmonized. Each field that will later be put under governance needs then the same procedure. This might get more complex if you are talking about multiple ERPs with non-harmonized customizing, but let's assume for the moment that you are using only one ERP.

Regards,

Hans-Urich  von Helmolt

Answers (0)