cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDAS error getRepresentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we built some OLAP Analysis views using OLAP connections to MS SQL Server Analyiss Services 2008. In some cases, during navigation of the view, an MDAS error arises:

Failed to get representation: RuntimeException occurred : java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.provider.queryview.resultset.IProviderResultSet.getState() of an object loaded from field com.sap.ip.bi.bics.dataaccess.consumer.impl.queryview.resultset.ResultSet.m_providerResultSet of an object loaded from local variable 'this'

I checked notes but the only one that talks abou this error is not applicable (1560100  - BI4.0 Advanced Analysis Web problem: The MDAS Service encountered an error) because it refers to a connection with a BW environment.

Could anyone give me some hint about this problem?

Thanks for the support!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that the problem arises every time I select multiple values in Background Dimensions. I'm reproducing the issue for different views/olap connections following these steps:

1) I open an existing view - in background there are some dimensions with single value filters

2) I select multiple values for a dimension (example: Year= 2011, 2012)

3) I select multiple values for another dimension (example: Month: Jan,Feb,Mar,Apr,May,Jun)

With the combination of these two multiple filters in background the problem arises.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having the same problem. Could you solve it?

Thanks for any help!

Regars

Former Member
0 Kudos

good morning Graciela,

there are different kind of MDAS problem. If your problem is exactly the same that I described, you can solve it installing the latest patch level. I had this problem when I was in SP2. When I upgraded to SP4 Patch 1, the problem disappeared.

Let me know if it helps.

Answers (0)