cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material wise authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i already create a authorization objects in RSECADMIN t code ,assigned to the respective roles and then respective users

eg:0material

in that i given 4 materials only

when i check in the reporting level it doesn't work ,if i check the trace log it shows it is not authorization relevant.when i give 0BI_ALL it doesn't show any error

i use given in the materials in report variable screen

thanks in adv

murali123

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Ok, so for what you've mentioned, the 0material is not authorizationRelevant, so granting those authorizations to the users won't have any effect. The lack of authorization is possible in another InfoObject and that's why the 0BI_ALL is solving the issue (it grants authorization to all InfoObjects).

Here's what you can do:

Go to transaction RSD1 and check for 0MATERIAL in the tab of business Explorer if 0MATERIAL is marked with authorizationRelevant. If so, and this InfoObject is used on the query it will validate the user's authorization to the 0material InfoObject. If it is not marked, than in fact the 0material will never be checked with authorization values for any of the users.

Also for the lack of authorization wuse transaction RSECADMIN Analysis tab Execute as...choose the user and mark with log and execute the query through RSRT. After receiving the lack of authorization go back to RSECADMIN transaction is tab Analysis and click on the Display Log.

You'll see on the log what are the authorizations the user has and what are those that he/she has nothing assigned for some InfoObjects. These are the InfoObjects that are missing authorization values for the user.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Diogo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered